Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Making Excellent Progress with Colorizing 3D Prints

In the short time that I have been working with the eCraft eBrush using Spectrum Noir markers, I have learned a LOT and enjoyed it even more!

This is the latest result.

Surfboard Colorized
It was printed on an M3D Micro in ABS-R and prepared for painting using a flap wheel sanding tool by Dremel and coated with Tamiya Fine Surface Primer before being painted.

The complete story on this process is in 2 articles on my IdeaRoom3D blog.
  1. Preparation
  2. Final Painting
Because the markers are dye based, the process should work equally well with 3D System's PLA, normal ABS and Nylon.

UPDATE ALERT ON M3D PRO

Yesterday, I received two emails communicating the progress of the M3D Pro development for those who are participating in the Kickstarter funding process.  I will be writing about this latest news later today, or tomorrow, after I have time to assess the many ramifications of the innovations that will be included in this new M3D 3D printer.  But, I can tell you now that M3D definitely gives Cube owners something to consider as their next 3D printer.

No comments:

Post a Comment