Saturday, November 23, 2013

New Update to Cubify Sculpt

There is an update to Cubify Sculpt that includes new "Mashup" capabilities and a direct interface to the Sense 3D Scanner.

With so much happening at one time, I'm a little behind checking out all the changes. But, there are two things I need to point out immediately.  First, the icons have been completely changed to a solid grey.  I was concerned that something was wrong since normally a solid grey indicates "disabled".  I'm not sure I'm crazy about this change.  But, I will follow up to find out why this was altered. 

But, for now, just remember that this is the intended interface.  So, nothing is wrong when you open it up.

The other thing to point out is that some very nice new functionality has been added.  The top section of the icon menu is called "Construct" and the icon to the right at the top brings us to an entirely new "Mashup" functionality that allows us to bring in not only the existing basic shapes; but, new shapes like an egg and torus.   I have not, as yet, figured out the "Magnetize" function.  But, will ask as soon as I can.

As soon as I feel that I'm up to speed on the new version of Sculpt, I will create a new overview video.  And, in particular, I want to explore the Sculpt/Sense interface.  It looks VERY cool.

IMPORT Changes

In addition to STL, OBJ, PLY and CLY file types, we can now import CLC (?) and ZPR (Z Corporation ZPrint CAD format) file types.

It will be interesting to find out where these new file types take us.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment